The Best Place To Retire In Tennessee.
What makes our Signal Mountain campus the ideal retirement location?
- Convenience. From Signal Mountain, it's just a day's drive to more than half the population in the U.S. So it's more than likely that your friends and family won’t have far to travel for a visit.
- Climate. We've got a four-season climate, yet mild winters with temperatures averaging 40° to 50° F.
- Cost of living. Average costs in Chattanooga are below the national average. Food, housing, transportation and housing services are all priced below national averages. In addition, Tennessee offers a number of tax advantages, including no tax on pensions and many types of savings.
Best of all, Alexian Village is just minutes from Chattanooga, TN, one of the most scenic and livable cities in America – and an increasingly popular retirement destination. It's a dream city for active adult living where you can enjoy shopping, dining, cultural events and entertainment, world-class health opportunities, and a wealth of outdoor recreation options ranging from hiking at Signal Point and boating to fishing and bird-watching.
Alexian Village offers the best of two worlds: A mountaintop retreat where you can enjoy a casual, relaxed lifestyle – just a hop, skip and jump to the excitement and attractions of Chattanooga, a Great City by Nature.
Get To Know Chattanooga, TN.
One look and you'll wish you were here! The metropolitan Chattanooga, TN area is a "large small town" of 500,000 people from all over. It's nationally and internationally recognized as a model for environmentally friendly development, and it's a world-class tourist and retirement destination. It's also right around the bend from Alexian Village, just four miles away. With Village-sponsored transportation, it's easy to get into the city to enjoy:
- Shopping and dining in a vibrant, walkable downtown.
- Cultural attractions such as the symphony and opera in the historic Tivoli Theatre; the Hunter Museum of Art in the Bluff View Art District; the Chattanooga Theatre Center; and the Bessie Smith Music Hall.
- Events such as the 4 Bridges Arts Festival, Riverbend Festival, U.S. Powerboat Racing, the Chattanooga Traditional Jazz Festival, the Chattanooga Symphony’s Pops on the River, and the Southern Brewers Fest.
- Sports, with local baseball teams, various golfing locations, University of Tennessee at Chattanooga sporting events, hiking at Signal Point Park on Signal Mountain and so much more.
- History, at the Museum of African American History, Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum, Chickamauga National Battlefield, and numerous historic pioneer and Native American sites and settlements.
- A recently revitalized riverfront alive with parks, scenic walkways, fountains and Southern Belle Riverboat cruises.
- The view from Signal Point on Lookout Mountain.
- Other fun, at the Tennessee Aquarium, Children’s Discovery Museum and country fairs.
Always Something To Do In Chattanooga
Friends visiting? They can fly into nearby Chattanooga Metropolitan Airport, served by several major airlines. Or take advantage of the area's many campgrounds and RV parks.
Chattanooga is one of America's best areas to live and retire. And it's right in the neighborhood when you choose Alexian Village as your retirement destination.
Creative Discovery Museum (children’s museum)
Southern Belle Riverboat
Tennessee Valley Railroad
Chattanooga African-American Museum
Signal Point Park
Hunter Museum of American Art
Bluff View Art District
Tivoli Theatre Chattanooga Symphony and Opera (Chattanooga Symphony Pops on the River)
Chattanooga Theatre Center
Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park
NightFall (concert series)
4 Bridges Art Festival
Southern Brewers Fest
Chattanooga Traditional Jazz Festival
U.S. Powerboat Racing